How to Submit Samples
Please ship your samples along with a Chain of Custody (COC) form following these steps:
- Clearly label each sample.
- Seal each sample in an appropriate container that will protect it from being damaged or contaminated (e.g. zip lock bag, clean glass or plastic jar, etc.). For dry FTIR samples it is best to wrap them in aluminum foil before sealing them in zip lock bags or other plastic containers to avoid adding organic contamination. For liquid FTIR samples seal them in a clean glass container. For dust or soot identification samples please see our Tape Lift-off Sample Collection Method.
- Fill out a Chain of Custody (COC) form and include:
- Your contact information
- Project name or PO#
- List the names of all samples being submitted
- Check off all requested analyses
- If you need results by a certain date or have any special instructions, include them in the Notes section or on a separate sheet of paper if you need more space.
- Please provide hazards information. If you know that any of your samples contain a hazard (heavy metals, pesticides, biohazard, etc.) be sure to indicate that and list them in the appropriate spot.
- Sign and date the COC and keep a copy for your records.
- Safely and securely package your samples and include the COC form.
- Ship to:
Attn: Sample Receiving
MicroVision Labs, Inc.
187 Billerica Road
Chelmsford, MA 01824
If you are nearby you may drop off your samples and COC forms at our lab. Our office hours are between 9am and 6pm, Monday through Friday, but it is always a good idea to call first.